Terms & Conditions
A ‘booking’ refers to any confirmed invoice of reservation sent via email or post.
A ‘holiday’ refers to any booking made.
‘Hotel’ refers to the supplier of your main holidays elements (i.e. accommodation)
1. Your Booking
– All prices listed are per person and are all in Euros unless otherwise stated.
– We reserve the right to change or amend prices at any time before you have booked.
– Once your booking has been made and we have received payment from yourself the prices are guaranteed and won’t change unless an amendment is made.
– Please be aware that we also reserve the right to increase the total cost of your holiday prior to your departure if currency fluctuations between EUR and your respective destination’s currency results in the costs to us of providing your holiday rise by more than 2%. Any increase will be no more than 10%.
1b. Deposits and Payments
– Deposit payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
– Your deposit secures the quoted price unless amendments are made to your booking.
– Your booking is only confirmed once you have received confirmation from Travelling Athletes via email through receipt of a booking confirmation.
– Full payment must be received for all bookings no less than 35 days prior to departure.
– If full payment is not received by your payment due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking at loss of deposit.
– Changes to a booking may be possible outside 1 week of departure but cannot be guaranteed.
– Any extra charges incurred from the amendments or from the supplier will be charged.
– Amendments can only be made if the new dates are within 365 days of the original departure date.
– Amendments to flights are bound by airline terms and conditions which may be stricter, please check these with us separately.
– If you cancel your booking the following charges will apply:
|Period of notice before departure||Cancellation charge|
|More than 61 days||40% of total holiday cost or loss of deposit paid|
|60 to 36 days||60% of total holiday cost|
|35 to 15 days||80% of total holiday cost|
|14 to 8 days||90% of total holiday cost|
|less than 8 days||100% of total holiday cost|
– If you fail to turn up to any part of your holiday 100% of the holiday cost will still be charged.
– Your cancellation notice must be written and the date by which this is received will be the date applied to the above cancellation conditions.
– Flight bookings are non-refundable and must be paid in full at the time the booking is made.
2a. Payments on the agreed upon travel price may only be made after the security certificate in the sense of § 651r BGB has been handed over to the client. The payment is due within 14 days of confirmed booking, provided that the security certificate has been handed over.
2b. The amount payable for travel booked via Travelling Athletes is due immediately after the firm booking and subsequent invoicing.
2c. Various methods of payment are offered, from which the customer is free to choose.
- Payment with all common credit cards (VISA, Euro- or Mastercard): After confirmation of the trip we will send you a link with which you can easily pay with all common credit cards.
- Payment via PayPal: After confirmation of the trip we will send you a link for easy payment via PayPal,
- Payment by invoice: The invoice amount is to be paid within 14 days after receipt of the invoice. If the start of the journey is within 35 days, the total amount is to be paid immediately.
How do I receive my invoice?
After the booking you will receive the invoice by e-mail from us.
The invoice is attached to the e-mail as PDF. This file is in Adobe Acrobat Reader format. If you do not have this program installed on your computer, you can download it free of charge from the Adobe website www.adobe.de.
To which bank account do I have to pay?
If you wish to pay by invoice, payment is to be made to the following bank account, quoting the customer and order number
GERMAN BANK ACCOUNT
Name: obu travel GmbH & Co. KG
IBAN: DE31 2604 0030 0603 3302 00
Account Nr. : 0603330200
SORT CODE: 26040030
Bank: Commerzbank Frankfurt a.M.
How secure is payment on the Internet?
All payment information is encrypted during transmission from your computer to our server. We use the Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL) for this purpose. This procedure has proven itself in recent years for the encryption of credit card and payment information. Only in the case that for technical reasons it is not possible to transfer your order data via SSL, we offer the alternative of transferring the order data via a standard server.
Our secure server software encrypts all your personal data such as credit card number, bank code, bank account number, name and address. This information cannot be read by unauthorized persons during transmission over the Internet. During the encryption process, the characters you enter are converted into a code that can be securely transmitted over the Internet.
3. travel price
In each individual travel description, a specific travel price is also mentioned, which includes all the stated services of this trip. This so-called “ex-price” describes the most favourable price at which the trip can be booked. The indicated, cheapest travel price refers to the minimum bookable travel duration in the cheapest travel period for 2 persons in the cheapest available room category. By selecting other criteria (higher room category, longer travel duration, single room occupancy) a higher travel price may be possible
3. Your flights
3a. Traveller Names
– Please ensure that you provide all forenames and surnames exactly as they appear in each traveller’s passport prior to the booking being made.
– If you provide us with the incorrect information errors may incur additional fees to amend.
– Air tickets are non-transferable.
3b. Amendment of flights
– Name changes are not accepted on any flights we issue.
– Flights are non-transferable.
– Name amendments can be made if your name is spelt incorrectly, if you have failed to let us know you will be responsible for any charges associated to this.
– Amendments to flights are subject to the individual airlines terms and conditions. If you wish to amend your flights, you will be responsible for the associated airline fees plus a £50 Travelling Athletes amendment fee.
3c. Schedule Changes by the airline
– Airlines can make schedule changes to their flights at any time so we recommend you check your flight times at least 72 hours prior to departure.
– Schedule changes are completely at the discretion of the airline and Travelling Athletes cannot be held liable for any knock-on effect this causes.
– Please advise us if your arrival or departure time changes and we have transfers booked for you so we can rearrange these.
3d. Cancellation of flights
– Flight bookings are non-refundable at the time of confirmation.
– If you do not check in on time for your flight you may go down as a ‘no show’, this could result in extra charges to re-instate your flights or complete cancellation of your itinerary.
3e. Before you fly
– Where possible, online check in and seat selection for your flight may be completed in advance of travel via the airline website.
– If you are travelling with a low-cost airline such as Easyjet, Ryanair or Jet2 you must check in online prior to travel or you will be charged a fee to check in at the airport.
– Please ensure you aim to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to an international flight and 2 hours prior to a domestic flight to ensure you leave yourself enough time to check in and proceed through security.
– Meals are sometimes included on long haul flights. If you have dietary requirements for your flights, please let the airline know in advance.
– Please check your luggage allowance on your booking voucher. If you require an additional allowance, there will be an extra charge for this.
4. Passport, Visas, Immigration and Health Requirements
– It is your responsibility to fulfil passport, visa and other immigration requirements for the countries you intend to visit, and we will not accept responsibility if you are unable to travel due to not complying with any such requirement.
– Vaccinations may be required for some of the countries you intend to visit, please speak to your GP for details of these requirements and make sure you leave enough time to arrange these prior to travel.
5. Changes made by Travelling Athletes
In the unlikely event that we need to significantly amend (e.g. change flight timings by 6 hours or more, downgrade accommodation etc.) or cancel your holiday, you can choose from one of the following options:
- i) Book another available holiday from us; paying or receiving the difference in price.
- ii) Cancelling your holiday with a refund (less any supplier costs of ours and any previous amendment fees).
iii) Accept any amendments made to your holiday.
We will inform you of any amendments to your holiday. Remember any changes made are from causes outside our control and we reserve the right to make these changes. We are not liable for any forced cancellations or changes that stem from adverse weather conditions, acts of God, fire, floods, terrorism, civil strife or riots, war, strikes, airport closures or any other circumstance that is beyond our control resulting in force majeure.
6. Travel Insurance
All persons under your booking must have travel insurance as Travelling Athletes cannot be held responsible for any liability, losses, or expenses you may incur. We strongly advise comprehensive travel insurance that cover our policies for amendments or cancellation charges is purchased at the time of booking.
7. Our responsibility
Travelling Athletes acts as a booking agent or as a principal on behalf of a Hotel for the relevant supplier (i.e. hotel) and cannot be held liable in any way if you or any person under the booking suffers from illness, bodily harm, or death unless caused by our own negligence. We ensure the core elements of your holiday are to an acceptable standard as described for the corresponding booking at the time of book. We may create dynamic/split packages consisting of different holidays elements (e.g. accommodation, your flight, car hire etc.) and source these through different channels thereby offering you one cost for all elements of the package; this allows us to seek more competitive prices.
8. Your responsibility
Please remember that you are responsible for your actions and all members under your booking. If it is believed that any member of your party causes offence, distress, danger, damage or annoyance to either other guests, staff or property, we may terminate your booking and holiday with immediate effect. Thereafter we will not take responsibility for any party member; our contract with you will be terminated and the full cost of the holiday forfeited without any compensation or refund or expenses you may incur.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any visas in your booking party necessary to travel to the destination you have booked are organised and arranged by yourselves, this is not Travelling Athletes’ responsibility. Before booking and taking part in any holiday programme/package, we do advise consulting a doctor for your suitability in taking part. It is also your responsibility to advise us of any medical of heath conditions that may affect your participation in holiday and/or programme, failing to do so may result in aspects of your holiday being altered or cancelled.
If you are booking your own flights or any other means of transportation, please do not book these until your booking has been confirmed by Travelling Athletes after receiving a booking reference number on email from us – this confirmation means we have availability for all our suppliers necessary to fulfil all elements that make up your booking.
You should ensure that you have a valid passport and, as many countries require expiry dates on passports to be a considerable length of time after the return from holiday, we would recommend that your passport is valid for 6 months after return. All children from birth require their own passport when travelling.
Please note that we are not open 24 hours a day and do not have an emergency out-of-hours contact should an emergency arise outside our opening hours which can be found on the top right of our website, we cannot therefore be held liable for any costs as a result from missed flights, transfers or accommodation. Should any urgent situation arise please leave a voicemail and we will respond as quickly as possible. For training purposes and your own security, your call may be monitored and recorded.
9. Problems and complaints
If you have a complaint whilst you’re on holiday, please bring this to the attention of the office/hotelier/supplier immediately so you have the best chance of resolving your issue; failure to do so may hinder any claim you wish you make on return. If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact us so that we can be best equipped to help you whilst you are away. If you wish to complain on return, you must do so within 28 days from the day of arrival back home.
10. Your Holiday
All program inclusions within your holiday, are subject to amendments by the respective partner hotels who offer them. We will always do our best to represent the most accurate and current inclusions, but Travelling Athletes cannot be held responsible if the partner has edited, removed or changed the inclusions and failed to notify us.
Group class schedules and the classes themselves are run by the partners, listed on Travelling Athletes’ website or listed in the holiday/package contents or by email, are example schedules only and are subject to variation, cancellation and availability. In some cases, classes need to be booked in advance – please check with a member of sales to confirm this before booking or your arrival. In the event of complimentary classes or activities being cancelled, Travelling Athletes cannot be held responsible for these cancellations; this also applies to one-to-one Fusion Fitness programme inclusions whereby the expert, trainer or therapist is not available. We always do our best to ensure your holiday inclusions are as originally booked but in some cases this is not always possible.
All tours and excursions included within your holiday, are subject to amendments and cancellations as these are out of our control and subject to changes by the respective local Tour Companies who run these. We will always do our best to find you an alternative tour or solution if one is available. Despite pre-booking tours, tours are subject to minimum numbers in order to operate and therefore clients will receive confirmation of date of operation from a representative once in resort.
After you have booked your holiday with us, we may pass on your contact email address and telephone number to the hotel or organisers for reasons to ensure pre-reading material, health concerns or holiday preferences.
GER +49 551 250 27 172
Written Correspondence – Travelling Athletes